Understanding ourselves: introverts and extraverts

Discussion about Enneagram for english speaking folks.
Wiadomość
Autor
Awatar użytkownika
boogi
Pan Admin
Pan Admin
Enneatyp: Perfekcjonista
Kontakt:

Understanding ourselves: introverts and extraverts

#1 Post autor: boogi » czwartek, 29 maja 2014, 22:26

Article about introverts: Caring for your introvert.

While with knowledge learned in our forum even extraverts ;) shouldn't be surprised by information presented in linked article, some quotes from it are worth second thought:
"Don't you know that four fifths of all our troubles in this life would disappear if we would just sit down and keep still?" (almost as Cotta's footnote)
"If you don't say anything, you won't be called on to repeat it." (we, the introverts, don't like to repeat ourselves)

So, do you think that extraverts and introverts speaks different languages? Do you have some extravert/introvert near you, that you don't understand? Do you think that extraverts should put more effort into understanding introverts and give them more space and silence to recharge?

"Jeśli chcesz ze mną rozmawiać, zdefiniuj terminy których używasz."
- Voltaire

>> bardzo dziwny link <<

Affects / Hornevian / Harmonic / Trifix

Awatar użytkownika
Aleksandrowa
Enneatyp: Zdobywca

Re: Understanding ourselves: introverts and extraverts

#2 Post autor: Aleksandrowa » piątek, 11 lipca 2014, 13:13

I would describe myself as veeryyyy extravert person. When I see in my environment an introvert person I have to stop myself from asking a question: "hello, are u ok? is everything right?" My first impression is that I have to take care for introvert. But after a while, I will ask myself: "What if she/he doesn't want to?" And after that I will leave introvert sink in his thoughts. I will stop talking and I will not cut in when introvert wants to speak about something. Because I think that when introvert wants to share an opinion is worth to listen. In many cases their point of view is very interesting, so different from mine. I will never say that introvert is arrogant or too serious, just intresting and intriguing in the way he behaves.
Did you see SEE se?

Trójkowdwójkę

Człowiek rzadko myli się dwa razy – na ogół TRZY lub więcej.

John Perry Barlow

Awatar użytkownika
TowarzyszFrytas
Enneatyp: Obserwator
Kontakt:

#3 Post autor: TowarzyszFrytas » poniedziałek, 8 grudnia 2014, 13:27

Me introvert. Me not talk much. Me silent human. Me feel good home alone. Me not much friends. Me friends are good friends. Me not like big parties and not friends humans.
Jeśli zbyt długo spoglądasz na Lisa to Lis spogląda na Ciebie
Socjo: LIS (Logiko Intuicyjny Sekstrawertyk)
Ring-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!
Gering-ding-ding-ding-dingeringeding!

Awatar użytkownika
boogi
Pan Admin
Pan Admin
Enneatyp: Perfekcjonista
Kontakt:

#4 Post autor: boogi » środa, 10 grudnia 2014, 19:18

Hmmm... yousa point is well seen.
"Jeśli chcesz ze mną rozmawiać, zdefiniuj terminy których używasz."
- Voltaire

>> bardzo dziwny link <<

Affects / Hornevian / Harmonic / Trifix

Awatar użytkownika
Intan
Enneatyp: Dawca
Kontakt:

#5 Post autor: Intan » środa, 14 stycznia 2015, 18:53

Aleksandrowa pisze:I would describe myself as veeryyyy extravert person. When I see in my environment an introvert person I have to stop myself from asking a question: "hello, are u ok? is everything right?" My first impression is that I have to take care for introvert. But after a while, I will ask myself: "What if she/he doesn't want to?" And after that I will leave introvert sink in his thoughts. I will stop talking and I will not cut in when introvert wants to speak about something. Because I think that when introvert wants to share an opinion is worth to listen. In many cases their point of view is very interesting, so different from mine. I will never say that introvert is arrogant or too serious, just intresting and intriguing in the way he behaves.
I wouldn't mind being treated that way - but I guess people around me don't see me as 'needy' of any sort, some of them even think I'm self-confident because I speak up only when I'm almost absolutely sure about what I have to say which somehow creates an illusion that I'm really aware of my self worth, am self-assured and certain about my own believes which usually is not true. To be honest, most of the time I feel like... like this. I just don't show it. Or do, but unconsciously.

Obrazek
dwietrzecie
sx/so

EII-Fi | DCN{H}
Until we have seen someone's darkness, we don't really know who they are.
Until we have forgiven someone's darkness, we don't really know what love is.

Marianne Williamson

ODPOWIEDZ